The Companion to Hispanic Studies
This companion gives a concise and accessible overview of Hispanic Studies as taught today and suggests new directions for future developments.
- List of contributors
- What is ‘Hispanic Studies’?
- Medieval Spanish Studies
- Golden Age Studies: Spain and Spanish America in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries
- Spain and Spanish America in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries
- Twentieth-century Spain
- Catalan, Galician, Basque
- Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, and the Andes
- The Southern Cone
- Spanish and Latin American cinema
- Beyond Hispanic Studies? Interdisciplinary approaches to Spain and Latin America
- Student comments
- Time chart